28 December 2010

Firsts

It has been a very long time since I last posted. Being a mom is hectic people!!

Ok, really - honest?

I've been overwhelmed for the past month or so. I think it has been a mix of the holidays, traveling, adjusting to (stay-at-home) motherhood, lack of sleep (oh yeah, I'm still using this excuse - ahem, see picture for evidence of said exhaustion), and shorter days. But also, I've been overwhelmed with the many firsts of Teddy's short life thus far. Here is a short list of some of the awesome firsts (some of which will be the subject of other posts, I'm sure):

1. Discovering his feet for the first time ("seriously?? Those things are attached? I can move them?!")
2. Airplane ride (oh yes, we did pay $3 for his first wings because no child should be without them)
3. Laugh
4. Trip to the ocean (although we couldn't quite get his little toes in the ocean)
5. Christmas
6. Blizzard


There are just as many firsts for B and I (first time I nursed in public [on an airplane, no less], first time B has had more than a few days at time straight with Teddy since his birth). I know that this whole first year is filled with "firsts," but I'm finding these most recent ones a bit exhausting!

I'm hoping a few days rest and a few cups of coffee will do the trick for me and my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment