
Happy 6 month birthday, little one! This month (like all the other months) has been full of changes. You have gone from a wobbly sitter to a confident one, even able to prevent yourself from falling over (most of the time). You are also perfecting your eating solid food. So far, your favorites are pears, bananas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. You are still so curious about everything, needing to subject all objects to intense scrutiny by holding them, turning them around, passing them between hands, and trying to eat them.
This curiosity is cleary spurring you on towards being a mobile baby. I find myself both excited and terrified that at any moment you may just take off across the room. Every time you sit on the floor, you twist your little body over one leg, lean on both arms and rock. Looks of confusion and excitement have crossed your face, but I can see the learning in your eyes - you are beginning to understand that something beyond your reach is attainable.

One day soon, little man, you will move yourself in a direction you really want to go. You will reach that toy, plop down, examine it with both hands, and then realize that you are now in a different place than when you started.
I can't wait to see that accomplishment. I hope that first success will only keep you reaching for more. I hope you always keep exploring, keep eating up life with both hands. And your Dad and I will always be close by, your biggest cheering section.
It is a fun time to be your mom - watching you learn, seeing you on the cusp of so much more.Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment