04 November 2011

13 Months & Things



Here we are - the 4th of another month. One month after the big 1. I've decided to switch up the monthly update format to something that can be accomplished while I ensure Teddy is not inadvertently strangling himself with a cord or dumping flour all over the floor. Oh toddlerhood...


Without further ado, 13 things for 13 months:
1. You are super interested in utensils at meal time. Sometimes you use them as intended. Today, you actually got mac and cheese into your mouth via fork. I may have scared you with my enthusiasm at this accomplishment.

2. You can stand up with out assistance - as in, in the middle of the floor, hike your little toosh in the air and raise your body up.

3. You like to do squats while watching the news with us - up and down, up and down - on your little brick stoop in our corner. Sometimes you even laugh at yourself, which of course is insanely cute.

4. Walking is its own entertainment sometimes.


5. You have become a great cuddler - especially in the morning and after your nap. I treasure it. Every. Single. Time.

6. The mess you can make with a graham cracker astounds me.

7. Next to Louie, your favorite thing may be doggies!!!

8. You bring us our shoes, usually a complete pair, and request we put them on at random times.

9. You still refuse to wave. I'm still convinced you think that it's just your job to look cute while other people continually wave at you and smile.

10. Another favorite activity is helping us - unloading the dishwasher (one spoon at a time and handing it to me), pounding with the hammer (as Dad tries to progress on numerous house projects), sweeping, etc.

11. You can climb onto the chairs in your room and our couch, which means you really are dangerous if there are no adult eyes on you at all times.

12. The conversations you have between yourself and your toys are in depth and usually end with giggles.

13. You have taught me more in the past 13 months than I ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment