05 December 2011

14 Months & things



1. You are ever communicative these days. You sign "more," and we're working on "help" (which for now you do by just quietly and slowly clapping).

2. You can follow directions. That is, if you are feeling like listening to them.

3. Books remain your favorite "toy" and we've entered the age of I-Must-Hear-The-Same-Story-At-Least-23.5-Times-In-A-Row.

4. Building towers and putting lids on pots are always followed by humble proud claps (and sometimes a "I did it!" or just "did it!").

5. You can walk backwards.

6. From the day you were born you have been curious, always wanting to be part of the action. Lately this has meant you want to see what I'm doing on the counter and stove top while fixing breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes, I just throw you in the Ergo and continue about our meal prep. Sometimes, I let you bang pots and pans. Sometimes, we both just get frustrated. 

7. When reading books, you will often take my pointer finger to point to things on the page rather than use your own.

8. Words you've definitely said at least twice: yogurt, blue, yellow, dada, mama, doggie, cracker.

9. Your favorite letter is S. I make sssssilly ssssssounds and then proceed to tickle you.

10. Your laugh is my favorite sound.

11. When we put up the Christmas tree, you literally "ooh"ed and "aahh"ed. I think it blew your mind.

12. Going up stairs is now done on two feet. You swing your little leg out the side, straight out - ninja style - every step you "climb."

13. I'm pretty sure your favorite sound is the pitter-patter your feet make when you have your shoes on.

14. I haven't been this excited for Christmas in many years. I can't wait to see you tear into your presents with all the anticipation and joy your little being can muster. You make so many things new again. That is my greatest gift this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment