I found this article linked through another blog I frequently read. It struck many chords. It still amazes me how mothers can all be so different, and yet there is something more universal, more transcendent than I ever imagined about motherhood. Other mothers just get it. They find words that just sit on my tongue. Here is another example:
Dear mother of only one child, don’t blame yourself for thinking that your life is hard. You’re suffering now because you’re turning into a new woman, a woman who is never allowed to be alone. For what? Only so that you can become strong enough to be a woman who will be left.
When I had only one child, she was so heavy. Now I can see that children are as light as air. They float past you, nudging against you like balloons as they ascend.
~ Simcha Fisher, To the Mother With Only One Child
I read that article too! It made me feel so much less guilty about thinking things are hard sometimes. It was a refreshing take on motherhood...
ReplyDelete