2. Every once in a while I catch myself watching you do something mundane (carrying 3 cars at once or walking down the stairs holding only one of my hands) and I think, "when did you learn to do that?" When you were a newborn, everything seemed like a notable feat. Now these simple milestones pass by so quickly and unnoticed.
3. I can tell that numbers and letters are starting to interest you; you will repeat most of them pretty accurately these days.
4. You can discriminate between red, yellow, green, and blue.
5. I've started asking permission to wipe your chin after meals and you seem to really appreciate having some say in this task.
6. You said your first official two-word phrase the other day and I about died from the cuteness and my pride. As if I had anything to do with it! Ha.
![]() |
| "Chuck! Areyou!" |
8. Your (and my and Dada's) belly is your new favorite body part.
9. Your second haircut occurred this month. You were the picture of patience and stillness. I was the picture of pure shock.
10. I sneak peas into your mac and cheese. You only spit out every fifth bite. This is success in terms of toddler eating behavior.
11. When you decide on your mission (Must. Get. Ball. NOW.) you run with purpose.
12. You are now the third generation to ride Rowdy the horse with wild abandon.
13. You can navigate the iPad with amazing accuracy. You've even taught us a few finger-swipe maneuvers. I now know how my parents felt when I understood instant messaging better than they did.
14. Trees blowing in the wind scare you.
15. You have inherited a deep love for ice cream from both your Papa and Pop-Pop.
16. You're wearing a size 5 diaper, size 6 shoe, and size 18-24 months clothes.
17. This last year and a half I'm not sure if you have grown the most or if I have.
18. You have mastered the word "no" and head shake. Ah, let the good times begin!
![]() |
| The blur is worth that smile |




Oh the lovely "No." Just wait until it turns into "NO WAY MOM!" and you have to do a million reminders of the nice way to say it. :)
ReplyDelete