One of Teddy's growing loves is himself. And I say that in the most developmentally-appropriate way possible. Toddlers of this generation have the added benefit of technology to fuel their egocentrism. Thus, Teddy L.O.V.E.S. to see pictures of himself and watch videos of himself on my phone.
In fact, he watches them so often these days that we have names for many of the videos. There is "silly Teddy" (see this post for that classic), "happy dancing Teddy" (here), and "No Teddy!" (where he throws books on the floor and together we tell the video-Teddy "no throw books!"). However, his far and away favorite is "mad Teddy." Actually, we have a few "mad Teddy" videos these days.
The original "mad Teddy" is a video I took in our old apartment of a little 6-ish month old Teddy trying to stand up on our AC unit. He gets fussy as he struggles and when Teddy and I watch this now, I talk about how "oh look, Teddy is mad!" Hence, "mad Teddy" is his new phrase. I thought this was cute enough until the other day.
I shall preface this by reminding you that we are also fully engrossed in the I-will-change-my-mind-in-.08-seconds-and-if-you-don't-figure-that-out-I-will-freak-out-on-you stage. AKA Toddlerhood. AKA trantrum-ville; pop 1. The other day I made some grave error (probably gave him his requested apple juice, when really he decided .08 seconds later that no he wanted milk and how the bleep did mom not know that?!), and he threw a fit. Mid-fit he starts saying "mad Teddy! mad Teddy!"
My little psychologist heart nearly exploded from the proper label of emotion.
Your last sentence in this post made my day, haha! =)
ReplyDelete