04 June 2012
20 Months & Things
1. Oh the vocabulary! Period.
2. You can identify all the letters of the alphabet, but stubble over N and G most often.
3. You are almost counting to three.
4. One day after our typical "broom"ing task, you kept saying "tail, momma, tail!" it took me about five minutes and watching you trip over the broom three times to realize that you wanted to put the brooms between our legs and pretend we had tails.
5. Playing night-night is a new fave (which involves laying down on the floor or couch or wherever and saying "night night" over and over).
6. We have returned to the phase of pointing and asking "That? That?" about ever.y.th.in.g.
7. Sharing toys at the library is becoming increasingly hard for you.
8. Your hugs are the best.
9. You are now eating apple slices and grapes. Small miracles in my book.
10. Your favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus" and "Mary had a Little Lamb."
11. In addition the Elmo and Abby on Sesame Street, you are starting to love Mickey Mouse. It's making me excited to bring you to Grandma & Pop-Pop's, since Mickey is everywhere down there. 12. We attended your first parade this past month. It was honoring the local fire department so there were hours and hours (literally) of fire engines. You were either in total shock and awe or thought it was boring. It was hard to tell.
13. I think you have inherited both my and your Dada's temperament: in public, you are generally shy and quiet around new people, but when you get home you really let your hair down and show your silly side.
14. You love it when Dada does pushups while you ride his back and when he presses you up in the air, chest press-style.
15. Sometimes I wonder who I would be if I wasn't your mama. I'm ok with never knowing.
16. During a rare weekend away, your Dada and I were sitting at a restaurant and I saw a mail truck drive pass in the street. My first reaction was to announce "mailman!" given your continued fascination with all things postal.
17. I'm starting to think more and more about the kind of man I hope you become, and how I can influence that in a positive way.
18. In about seven months our whole world will shift to welcome a new baby. I know enough to know that I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare us for that change.
19. Your first four-syllable word? Motorcycle.
20. For pictures this month, you promptly sat on the floor and said "Cheese!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment