You are starting to make your presence much more known these days. You are kicking or punching or rolling or whatever with much greater frequency and strength. In about a week we will find out if you are a boy or girl. I can't wait to know more about you; to see your little heart and nose and fingers.
When I was pregnant with Teddy, I was certain he was a girl for the whole first half of my pregnancy. That is, until the day we found out he was 100% boy. And it took me a day or two to come to terms with my misconstrued vision of who he would be. And it took me most of his first year to come to terms with my misconstrued visions of what an infant, a toddler, would be.
One thing that I can tell you today is that I honestly have no idea what to expect with you. I have little if any preconceived notions of whether you are a boy or girl, what kind of infant or toddler you will be, what it will be like to be your mother.
I only know of one thing - my absolute gratitude that you are ours. Whoever you are, whoever you end up being, you were first the biggest gift to our family.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment