Sometimes it feels so heavy. The weight of love; yours and mine.
It is heavy when the day to day dependency wears on me. To have someone so reliant demands I be totally selfless. But I am human, and I am not totally selfless.
It is heavy when you make one more request. To hear your voice, that I can't remember not knowing, demands that I listen when I crave silence.
Sometimes it feels so light. The weight of love; yours and mine.
It is featherweight when your eyes search for me in a crowd of parents and children at the park. To see you so small in the world calls forth in me a protectiveness I have towards no one else.
It is featherweight when you gently turn the pages of a book and tell me a story. To watch you grow, moment to moment, feels like a stolen blessing.
Oh how life keeps reminding me that love changes, it grows. It demands and it frees. It is so heavy and so, so light.
No comments:
Post a Comment