10 July 2013
All About Adelyn - Month 6
Loves:
- sitting
- chewing on drinking glasses
- tickles from her brother
- discovering water (in the "big girl bath" and plastic pool)
- eating
- watching leaves blow in the wind
- screeching
Hates:
- hits from her brother
- laying down for too long
- getting her legs stuck in the crib slats (who blames her?!)
- staying still while eating
Starting to:
- play with toys with intention
- wear 9 month clothes
- babble with "dadadada" and "mamama"
Oh baby girl, you are so fun to be around these days! You have a little personality and, as much as I try not to compare you to Teddy, I notice where you are different from him more now than ever. You screech more than he ever did (and I must admit I fear what this means for my ear drums in about 7-9 years) and you are more shy with strangers at this age than he was. However, you are a little flirt just like he was - peeking glances from underneath those long eye lashes.
You are the observer of our family right now. You watch everything and try with all the might in your tiny little fingers to grasp whatever is in front of you - whether that be my dinner plate or Dada's beer or Teddy's pjs as he tumbles past you (literally) or the bowl of sweet potatoes from which I'm feeding you. You are reaching for it all, and with a mighty tight grip, ready to feel and taste and explore. I hope you never lose this hunger for life, Mae Mae. I hope I am blessed enough to see you feel and taste and explore so much more in the coming months and years and decades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment