13 September 2013
All About Adelyn - Month 8
Loves:
- tasting everything she can grasp
- plastic bags
- Teddy's toys
- playing peek-a-boo
- eating (and playing with her food)
- touch-and-feel books
- grabbing at faces
Hates:
- sitting for too long
- sitting still
- anything remotely related to being still while awake
Starting to:
- wiggle around, but not with much control yet
- understand signs we've been using (eat, milk, more)
- show preference for certain toys
Oh baby girl, you are so much fun! I forgot how fun simple things can be. Things like peek-a-boo and clapping and discovering different textures. You are discovering so much in the world right now and I can almost see the connections happening (like how you flail your arms and legs when I make the sign for milk; it's like you are saying "yes ma, you got it! I want to eat!"). You remain quite the wiggle worm. You have been since the very first movements. These days you are not content to remain anywhere for very long, and you are inching and scooting your way around (literally sometimes in complete circles) as best you can.
You get frustrated, too, these days. These are the first lessons in patience with yourself - you will get the whole moving-with-purpose thing down soon, you just have to keep at it, little girl. Keep stretching, keep reaching, keep trying. Never give up on the goal, be it getting that Matchbox car or riding a bike or finding your life's passion. I have a sneaking suspicion you will persist with all the fiestiness you can muster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment