10 December 2013

All About Adelyn - Month 11




Loves:
* moving!
* handing things to other people
* turning pages in books
* dropping things onto the floor
* her blankie
* opening doors
* banging her cup on the table
* trying to use her spoon
* chasing her brother
* "standing" on her knees


Hates:
* being stuck standing up
* not having her pacifier (if she can see it)
* diaper changes
* wearing a hat

Starting to:
* use "mama" and "dada" and something like "deadie" discriminately
* point to things while saying "dat?"
* try to pull up to standing
* get teeth! 2 little bottom ones popped this month
* drink whole milk from a cup
* refuse pureed baby food
* shake her head "no"


Adelyn Mae, you have grown so much since I was last able to write! There is so much to say and so few words to express how much fun you bring to our family these days. It is hard to get a good picture of you because you are constant movement, constant exploration, constant life. Two little bottom teeth finally popped through your gums, and all of us seem much happier because of it. You have mastered crawling and opening doors and putting things in and taking things out of containers. Buttons are extremely enjoyable as well. Your brother had taken a renewed interest in you (on his whim, of  course), and watching the two of you "play" together is still the highlight of my heart. There is something indescribable about seeing my two babies playing (nicely) together. And he can still make you laugh the most genuine, belly-laugh you can utter.

It is hard to believe that 11 short months ago you arrived. It feels like yesterday and forever all the same. I can't imagine life without you! You are fiesty and curious and observant and soaking up so much love from all three of us. I can't wait to spend this holiday season celebrating all your firsts - first snow, first Santa visit, first present opening, first Christmas pjs. I'm painfully aware how fast this babyhood passes. I plan to savor as much of it as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment