17 February 2010

Dear baby A

It's been almost one week since I last saw you. I had an ultrasound to find out just how big you were, and there you were on that screen, looking all bean like. The most beautiful part of you to me is still your heart. That beating heart. That heart that is so teeny-tiny, yet consumes most of my thoughts.

Your dad (wow, that sounds weird to me) was there too, and it was his first time seeing you. I can't even tell you what his face looked like or what he said when he saw you, because we were both so focused on you. Taking in every little bit that we could. But afterwards, after we had called all of your grandparents and posted your little picture on our fridge, we sat together and imagined our lives with you. So many dreams and plans. So much love.

Love,
Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment