15 April 2010

16 Weeks down

Today marks the beginning of my 17th week of pregnancy. It really is starting to fly by at this point. Apparently, Baby A is now the size of an avocado. Mmmm...avocados....food...

Anyway, despite my love of being in my 2nd trimester, I've also been reading lots of horribly sad stories of stillbirths and infant deaths. (Dang you internet and your easy access to loads of information that may or may not have any relevance to my life!) While I do feel more confident being well past the 1st trimester, I'd be lying if I said all of my irrational fears about Baby A's health and safety were long gone. The control freak in my brain always wonders, "How can I prevent this from happening to me?!" And then the rational, calm side of my brain takes over and I remember that I actually don't have control over much of this process.

I think the best thing I can do is promise myself and Baby A that I will love him/her more everyday and enjoy each day we have together. I can't control much, but I can offer more love each morning.

More love with each beat of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment