02 April 2010

A Tale of 2's

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester now, which I've seen referred to as the "honeymoon" stage of pregnancy. All of the "morning" sickness and fatigue is gone, but you aren't so huge that you're uncomfortable. For the most part, this pregnancy has been easily physically (emotionally, well, not so much), so I'm not so sure that it will feel like a "honeymoon" for me. I have started to reach a few milestones that are exciting though:
1. I've had to buy maternity pants. Regular shirts I can still wear, but my pants were not cutting it.
2. I can notice the tiniest of baby bumps, and in certain outfits, B agrees that I look pregnant.
3. We heard the heartbeat on an external doppler machine at our 14 week appointment yesterday. It sounded like a little choo-choo train just chugging along. And it reminded me of all the work Baby A is doing in there while I go about my usual day.

I continue to be amazed by Baby A. That his/her body and my body just know how to work together to support and help develop Baby A into a fully independent being. It makes me think about how, at the end of this whole pregnancy process, there will not be one new being - there will be two. Baby A and mom M.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

No comments:

Post a Comment