05 November 2010

Dear Teddy,




I'm a day late (and more than a dollar short), but I'm hear to tell you all about your first full month of life! The highlights: you were born, you ate some (and gained some weight - 7lbs 6oz as of this week), you slept alot, and you still amaze me with your cuteness. Seriously, little one, I wonder if I'll ever look at you and not marvel!

In other news, you got your first toys - a play mat on which you've spent lots of time. Mainly you just stare at the bunny rattle and cow mirror. I keep telling you to talk to the baby in the mirror and sometimes you oblige. Mostly you just make silly faces, which is just as good in this house.

You've gotten lots of presents from lots of kind people. One of those gifts included this adorable onesie from Mommy's undergraduate college. (Thanks Kati! Go Norse!) But the probably the biggest news, little monkey, is that you are beginning to smile. Just this morning I came over to you laying on the couch and started talking to you. And by golly if you didn't look me in the face and give me a big, gummy, open mouthed smile! I have a feeling you will be doing lots more smiling in the next few weeks - and hopefully you'll let me take a picture of that big, gummy smile to share with the world.

This month you've joined us on quite a ride. Life is definitely forever changed now that you are here. It hasn't always been easy or pretty. But, Teddy, you are so, so loved.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment