19 January 2011

Tea Time

Today is one of those days. The bank messed up the deposit. The baby screamed a few minutes too long. The dishes won't empty themselves from the dishwasher. The disorganization leaves me pacing through 900 square feet to find a few pieces of paper.

A phone call here. An email there.

And then I realize that I haven't drank anything since breakfast. Some days just get away from us, true. But before Teddy? Never would I go a whole day without drinking anything!

So I sit down with a cup of tea, drinking in every silent naptime moment. I feel the tension in my back that I hadn't even had time to notice. But it's a welcome realization - I have awareness of myself again.

How will I ever teach Teddy balance in his life if I don't practice it myself?

So I sit with a cup of tea. And the phone rings and the email is left unread. The dishes? What is so wrong with pulling them straight out of the dishwasher to the dinner table tonight, I wonder.

Not a damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment