January 1 usually means people are talking about weight loss and resolutions and "really meaning it" this year. For me? A different date now signifies the day everything changed. On January 21 I woke up to a new year, a new life, a new adventure, a new marriage, a new me.
This year has been full of change. From a tiny cluster of cells came my little Teddy boy. Perfect in his own way.
This year has been full of adventure. Being a parent is nothing less, I'm realizing everyday. Full of wide open spaces and uncharted waters, creating a new life is one journey. The longer journey? Learning how to be the person you want this new life to know.
This year has changed my marriage to B. There aren't words to describe what it means to look at another person and know that only you and he could create the tiny human sleeping soundly on his chest.
This year has changed me. Having Teddy has changed me. I carried his heart; it still dumbfounds me. And because of him, I am both new and old, young and weathered.
A year ago, I was on the cusp of all this, blind to what lay ahead. And so another year begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment