22 July 2011
Firsts (and lasts)
I've always been a bit sentimental. Ok, a lot sentimental. Reminiscing may be one of my favorite pastimes. In a way, this blog is one big way I can indulge my sentimentality and reminiscing. And so it seems appropriate to write a post about our moving from Teddy's first home.
We navigated the crazy process of home-buying and short-sale-ing and duct-cleaning, oh my! Today we move. Today we tape the last box and clean the tub one last time. The tub where Teddy had his first bath. The bedroom where he first slept. The living room where he first crawled. The dining area where he first ate. The kitchen where his first bottle was made.
The first home he ever came home to.
Teddy will not remember these four walls and two windows. But I hope that one day he will spy a fire truck and it will remind him, somewhere deep inside, of his first home.
(Pictures brought to you by Papa Bob and Behr Sly Fox Red and our new dining room.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment