02 January 2013

Dear Baby a,

Oh baby girl, you are so close to being here. Tomorrow is your due date, but I don't expect to see you for another week. You seem to be mighty cozy inside right now. And how could I blame you. With the whipping winter wind at my cheeks, I make final preparations for you and think that it is a mighty cold time to have such a little babe.

I have thought of you as a firecracker for a while now, though. I know you will bring  a warmth to this cold month. You continue to be active and make your presence known daily. I have more aches and pains as I carry you in these last days. But trust me, I cherish it. I cherish the firecracker that you are and that you will be in our lives.

I will miss these days, I know. I will miss the kicks and rolls and jabs. I will mourn the loss of carrying you inside - a constant companion, a constant reminder that my body can grow life. I will miss the kindness of strangers on the subway. I will miss the rest you insist my body takes these days.

But I also can't wait. I can't wait to see your face, hear your cry, count your fingers, kiss your cheek, speak your name and show you to everyone who already loves you. I can't wait to see what fire you will light in me, in our family, in this world.

You are so loved, baby girl. You are awaited and anticipated.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I have been thinking about you and baby a this week. Can't wait to hear the good news!!!

    ReplyDelete