27 February 2013

2



Photo by Rachel Withers Photography


Two is tough and tiring and I can barely remember having only one (but that may just be the exhaustion talking). 

Two means rarely having a moment that isn't devoted to someone other than myself. If I thought I was working on not being selfish as a mother of one, whoa boy does having two shine a light on where I still harbor "me, me, me."

Two means double the tired, double the poopy diapers, double the carseats to juggle. Double the crying, double the smiles, double the laundry.

Two means learning how to entertain a toddler while feeding a newborn; it means navigating the world of double strollers and "who the heck do I get out of the car first at Target when it's raining and I'm not sure if I should use the cart or the double stroller."

Two means double the learning; two little people who are constantly teaching me how to breathe and let it go - you can shower tomorrow, after all. Two means double the lessons in patience and teamwork and the beauty that can really be amidst the chaos.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking to you for advice about having 2! It is what I am excited about and most nervous about for this summer. EEEEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete