11 February 2013

All About Adelyn - Month 1



Adelyn is one month old.

 As I remember from Teddy's early months, the days are simultaneously so long and so short that I'm never sure if it is Monday or Friday or some other day altogether. The counting of weeks and months and milestones flies by in a blur of dirty diapers and re-heated coffee and washed bottles.


Being a second child myself I always joked (half seriously, half lightheartedly) that there were rarely pictures of just me, and there were far fewer pictures in sum of my babyhood than that of the first child. While that will probably be different in some ways for Adelyn and Teddy given the improved technology (hello iPhone camera always at the ready), I empathize with some basic things about being a mother of two. All of this is to say, I hope that I am able to keep blog posts about Adelyn's developments on a month-by-month basis like I did with Teddy. However, I'm cutting myself some slack too; that if I fall behind or miss a month or two I will at least update when I can.


Without further ado, here is all about Adelyn in her first month:

Loves:
- eating
- sleeping
- being held
- being talked to/interacted with
- black and white toys

Hates:
- being hungry
- baths

Starting to:
- smile at us!
- track objects/toys with her eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment